Sunday, September 16, 2007

This time last year....

Everything used to be a reason to drink. The changing of the seasons was a big one. Now that autumn is approaching, I'm faced with a new set of triggers. This time last year was the beginning of my bottom. I knew that I had to stop drinking. I was making some last desperate attempts to drink in a controlled manner.

I am so grateful that I am sober this autumn and that I don't ever have to repeat the things that happened from last September until March, when I finally put the bottle down. I read my journal from last year. It starts around April and it's so sad. Just one desperate attempt to control my drinking, followed by failure and demoralization.

I am incredibly grateful to be sober today and to be a member of AA.

3 comments:

Shadow said...

hey! nice to hear from you again. i can hardly wait for this first year of not drinking to pass. then all the 'last year this time's' will be gone. i think life may just get better and easier then...

dAAve said...

These reminders are exactly WHY we shall not regret the past.

An Irish Friend of Bill said...

Ah bless your little cottons Ms Clarity. We are glad you showed up too. Keep coming back!