Friday, March 23, 2007

Sleeping it Off

Since I have stopped drinking, I have been sleeping a lot. Today was excessive. I woke up to see the kids off to school and then I went back to bed until noon. I haven't slept that late for almost ten years.

Then around 5pm the feeling came over me that I really wanted a drink. Really bad. Friday night, I've been hanging around with a three year old for HOURS. I was ready to jump out of my skin. I was miserable. Then I spoke with my friend and she was on her way out to a school function with an open bar. She had a shitty week and was looking forward to a beer. It was killing me! I told her to have one for me. Better her than me.

Then my husband called on his way home from a birthday party with my seven year old. My son had a problem at the party. He is socially awkward and really hard on himself. This is a trigger for me. A big trigger, that is why my husband takes him to birthday parties.

Anyway, my husband was all stressed out when he got home. So now both of us were on edge. I had to check out. I got back into my bed and went to sleep for another two and half hours. ??????Is this excessive sleeping a coping mechanism? Is it my body repairing itself from years of abuse? What gives? Well at least I didn't drink. It's early days I guess. I guess the fact that I didn't drink, means it wasn't a waste of a day. But it kind of feels that way.

No comments: