Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Sometimes.........

Going to a new meeting kind of sucks. It is hard to walk into a room full of people you don't know. That being said, it's definitely easier when you're walking into an AA room. People are usually warm and welcoming. However, it still is a little unsettling. I've been to several.

Thank goodness I loved my first AA meeting. Because the second one I went to was down-right scarey!!! Most of the people were there because their attendance is mandatory. They were just there, they didn't really have to much to share. I think some people were pretty resentful to be there. In fact, when I sat down, the people sitting near me moved away! Ha, ha, I don't care, I got something out of the meeting anyway.

I guess that's my point. Walking into a new AA meeting on a dark, cold winter night is kind of unpleasant. But once the meeting starts I am always so glad I'm there. I heard some great things tonight.

18 days. SNAP!

No comments: