Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Half Measures

Tonight's meeting topic was "Half Measures". Many people shared that they've gone out because they did not give themselves completely to the program and follow what was suggested to them.

My sponsor told me to call three other alcoholics today. I figured I called her, so that was one. I called another woman and she wasn't home, that's two and I put off the third call until it was too late. Why do I have to call three other alcoholics? I don't know, but if I don't follow through on what my sponsor tells me to do, I'm not giving my recovery 100%. It's simple, call three alcoholics. But it's not easy for me. Isn't that stupid? Guess I'll call six alcoholics tomorrow and put as much effort into my recovery as I used to put into my drinking.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Why do I have to call three other alcoholics?"

...cause 2 of them might not answer??

I can relate--still really hard for me to pick up that phone, woman!

Peace,
Scout

missmg said...

I never do like to be told what to do...
Hope you are travelling along well.

Meg Moran said...

maybe 3 people need to hear from another alcoholic and your sponsor wants you to carry the message.

Carly said...

My sponsor always says I don't have to like it, I just have to do it! The day will come when you'll need your phone muscles, so it's good to do what your sponsor tells you. (It's also OK to grit your teeth while doing it. :))