Sunday, June 10, 2007

Amazed and Clear

If you've been reading my blog for a while, you'll remember my friend D. She was my partner in crime before I got sober, but she hasn't handled my sobriety well. I went out to dinner with her and my other BFF J. last night. The day before the dinner, D. called J. to see what the "drinking status" was. We were going to an Italian place and she wanted to be able to drink red wine. For a couple of reasons I was heading into our evening with annoyance and trepidation.

I spoke with my sponsor, I hit my knees before I went out and then I called another person from AA. She just happened to be in the car in front of me (!!), so we stopped and had a f2f chat. I worked my AA program and I was able to walk into that restaurant with compassion and love for my friends.

After dinner, I told my friends I was going home, if they wanted to head to a bar. Instead, we got in my car to listen to a CD a friend had made. We ended up sitting in my car for about two hours, listening to music and talking. Our friendship is now on a new level, one based on me being sober, that is better than the one we had before.

I am amazed and I am crystal clear about the miracles of AA. My heart is overflowing with gratitude.

5 comments:

Mary Christine said...

Wow. That is great! What miracles of healing we get to experience.

Shadow said...

well done there! you did so good!

Anonymous said...

Great work. And a new kind of friendship. Wonderful!
Peace,
Scout

lushgurl said...

...and that makes it all worthwhile huh?
Great for you, and good for your friends to have anew and improved relationship! I so love you gurl!

Meg Moran said...

it was all of those weird little irony type of miracles that strengthed my Higher Power concept in the beginning. Imagine, you call her and she was right in front of you......I love it!!!! Thank you for sharing that with us.