Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Cement shoes

I'm so grateful for all you bloggin peeps. This is another great tool in my sobriety tool box and you are all so smart and intersting and funny. To tell you the truth, I've been a little blah since the excitment of 90 days has worn off. I've just felt like I've been wearing cement shoes or something.

But.....I went to a meeting tonight and now I'm back in the game. I just love being at this meeting. Sometimes I just sit back and look around and think "what a great group of people". Meanwhile they are sharing about their times in jail, and multiple rehabs, DUI's. Recovering people who are working their programs and show up at meetings and share just have a certain "je ne sais quoi".

I had to jump through some major flaming hoops to get to the meeting tonight, it would have been easier to not go. But I am so glad I went and now I get to come home and stalk you bloggers! Ain't life grand?

6 comments:

Meg Moran said...

We are not a glum lot...says so right in the Big Book! I love the laughter too....

Check ou the hAAlf nAAked Thursday site tomorrow for more smiles..and do a post yourself!

Shadow said...

hey! these meetings you guys go to sound so cool. don't know if i would go if we had them here, but still, it sounds like you build such connections, something everyone needs every now and again... enjoy!

dAAve said...

I wuz away from the internet these past few days, so Happy 90 Days!!
While that initial 90-day or 6-month or 1-year excitement may pass, being sober is the main journey and as long as we don't drink, that's REALLY something to stay excited about.

Mary Christine said...

I am glad you went too!

lushgurl said...

oui, je comprende! I just love how at every meeting I feel like I am home with all the other drunks, some whose path I have shared and others', not yet!
You ma cherie, are on the right path today!
Love ya!

Anonymous said...

"je ne sais quoi" -- perfect to describe how I feel about my recovering peeps! I have been searching for the right words in my head -- and now you gave it to me -- there aren't really the right words, it's indescribable!
Agreed, I am totally in love with recovering people. There is so much heart through all of that suffering.
The cement shoes will come and go -- mostly go. Hang tight. Better things are sure to come your way.
Peace,
Scout