Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Sneaky Bitch

I wasn't going to go to my summer class tonight. I was laying down with my little guy, he had a fever. My husband was working from home. It was thundering out. I was really tired. The drive to school is only a couple of miles and it can take almost an hour in rush hour traffic along a shiteous parkway through some of the ugliest parts of the US of A. Moooooooooan!

Then I applied AA to the situation, I had prepared a lot for this class. I might be able to bring something to the discussion and maybe help someone else out.

So I picked my lazy bones up and off I went. That's AA working in my life. Because once I skip a class, I start feeling really bad about myself, not following through on committments, old tapes playing in my head and then what? Would I start skipping AA meetings too? Cunning this disease, you know? Always looking for a way in. Something innocuous, like skipping a class! Ha, not today you sneaky Bitch!

So grateful to be sober today and to be practicing the principles of AA in all my affairs!!!

6 comments:

lushgurl said...

Glad to see ya bitch slappin' the disease right out if your head!!! I can relate to this too, the remorse and fear that come from avoiding committments! Thanks for the "clarity"...
Love ya gurl!

Recovery Road London said...

S'true 0 if I 'invented' a client meeting so I could go hide in a bar and hammered, I'd sit drinking feeling guilty I'd lied.

It would have been easier on my head and liver just do work in the first place!

Good post. Thanks.

Mary Christine said...

Most of the time it really is easier to just do what we are supposed to be doing... but it sure goes against our grain at first, doesn't it? Good job.

dAAve said...

that's How It Works!

Shadow said...

that's really cool, well done there!

Pammie said...

Willingness...goes a long long way in our beautiful program.