Sunday, June 3, 2007

Drunk dream

Well I did it! I made it to 90 days! As of today, I have 92 most excellent sober days.

I had a crazy drinking dream last night. In my drinking dreams, I always think I'm drinking in control and having a good time only to be devastated to find out that I blacked out most of the night. In my dream last night, I woke the morning after, covered with scrapes and bruises, very sore. People kept coming up to me to talk about all the stupid drunken things I did, that I could not recall. Someone showed me a video of me trying to walk, two guys had to pick me up off the floor and I was not wearing my own clothes. It was horrible, scarey. I can't stop thinking about it.

I'm so very grateful I woke up sober today and I will go to bed sober tonight.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Using dreams remind me to be grateful. I consider them a gift really. But I know they can have a huge impact, too.
Way to go 92!
Peace,
Scout

Meg Moran said...

Congrats on your 90 + days and all of the work you are doing to trudge this recovery road, I have those dreams too, they are just dreams and I always learn something from them. I'm so glad that we have this cyber thing going and have found each other.

lushgurl said...

Yup, me too on the using dreams....I had one last week, just before my birthday!
I think it is a reminder from our HP, that we don't have to live like that anymore, and YOU are proof of that! Happy Happy Happy 90 plus days, with many more to follow ODAAT...
love ya Clarity

Shadow said...

yikes! i also get them. a lot less these days thankfully. i think the more we are forgiving ourselves, the less these dreams become. and a BIG CONGRATULATIONS on your 90 days....

Recovery Road London said...

90+ days. 90+ miracles and don't let anyone tell you any different. Very well done.

[[[claritycase]]]

The dreams will come and go and come and go and come and...

:) x