Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Gotta Sponsor

I was really nervous about speaking up in a meeting and asking for a sponsor. I guess I was hoping the sponsor fairies would just drop one in my lap. I'm ready to work on my sobriety with someone.

Scout left a comment on my blog about being the adult child of an alcoholic and workaholic. I just wrote and then deleted a long story about being the adult child of a workaholic and how much it really sucks. It does things to you. But my Dad regretted his ways and not being around for us when we were growing up. My Dad died a couple of years ago and I loved him very much. He was a really good man.

I don't really know what the point of this post is. Just revelations and clarity in early sobriety I guess.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And now it's actually Wednesday, so the count would be 39 days! Keep coming back!
Awesome work on getting a sponsor. There is nothing in the world like a good guide through the Steps -- it's purely magical if you got yourself a good one. Way to go!
Peace,
Scout

Clarity said...

Hey Thanks Scout, math's not my strong suit. Like my liver, left brain is the size of a raisen.

lushgurl said...

I am so happy for you in getting a sponsor! I think like the house- cleaning fairies, the sponsor fairies are few and far between!!!