Monday, July 23, 2007

Bad and Good

The Bad News:
I didn't go to my meeting tonight
I forgot to call my sponsor for two days now
I didn't make any calls to any AAs today
I didn't go to the gym today
I ate candy ALL day
There's beer in the fridge

The Good News:
I know all of the above is bad news
I know the above is me not working my program, it's not ok
I'm sending my sponsor an email now to tell her I'm alive and stuff
I'm reading the Big Book before I go to sleep even tho it's now midnight
I watched Traffic tonight, a movie with a character that gets way lost in drugs/alcohol and then attends AA meetings
I don't want to drink tonight
I'm going to a meeting with my homegroup tomorrow
I can do all the right things to stay sober tomorrow

Grateful for
Sober blogging Peeps
That I am sober
That I am healthy
My kids are healthy
I painted my dining room today
That my sponsor told me she will never dump me if I forget to call her, but that she will definitely yell at me
That I am still handing my will over to my Higher Power in my marriage even though it's not in my nature, and it is getting ever so slightly easier
That I have two little boys who enjoy playing in the rain

2 comments:

Shadow said...

yip, whatever happens today, whatever we did or should have done today and didn't, we can do it tomorrow...

molly said...

Sometimes we all need a break and that is OKAY.. My counselor told me yesterday "you don't have to do it perfectly".. she was talking about recovery. Try not to beat yourself up - you needed a break - you took it. Today is another day. You are doing great it seems. Take a deep breath and be proud for coming this far. You don't have to do all this perfectly!