Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Drinking Buddy

To follow up on my last post, the woman who came to the meeting drunk did not return my or anyone's calls and she hasn't called anyone either. I don't think she's done yet.

My husband's friend finally went back to England, so their non-stop party train has reached the end of the line, finally. Thank Goodness!!!! My husband rolled over the other morning, well actually it was the afternoon, after he had been out with his friend again, and he said, "You're not missing anything, I feel like hell." Then he detailed the various symptoms of his 4th or 5th hangover in a little over a week.

Several women who have gotten to know me better have said that my husband must feel lost now that I'm sober, since we did ALOT of drinking together. And now I'm starting to think like a crazy person, like "Ohhh, he will find some other woman to drink with now, is my sobriety ruining my marriage?" "Does he miss those times, when we would go out drinking together?" We drank together except he stayed at the same level and somehow I did a nose dive into alcoholic hell. I think he resents me for that, that I can't drink "normally" or like him anymore, he's lost his drinking buddy.

I know that is v. effed up. Seriously, wait til I tell my shrink! And my sponsor. So I guess I'll share these thoughts at some meetings, because that always helps. I know that my HP has a plan for me, and it doesn't involve drinking or being with someone who can't handle my sobriety.

2 comments:

Shadow said...

i think exactly the same. hubby and i used to go out drinking all the time. he has since then also stopped drinking, only occasionally does he 'loose' it. but i worry about the same things, that our relationship has changed so much because of me, that it may create a problem, that he holds it against me too. also f*#&ed up, i know (i think)....

dAAve said...

Thsoe are valid points and you probably should share them with others. Get some feedback.