Sunday, July 1, 2007

Bike Joy Ride

I am so incredibly happy today. My son turned eight in May, he's been struggling to ride a bike without training wheels. We live on a hill, so I need to take him somewhere specifically to practice riding. Many times it's ended with my son in tears, angry and frustrated.

Today, he got on the bike and just rode and rode and rode. I hope I never forget the look of joy on his face.

I'm so grateful that-
my son learned to ride his two wheel bike today
I'm still sober despite my crazy brain
my kids are both healthy and happy
I have everything I need and want
it's summer vacation

2 comments:

Mary Christine said...

Oh how wonderful that your son has a sober Mom!

Shadow said...

it's always the little things that bring so much happiness, if only we realise that...