Sunday, July 15, 2007

Prepare

I had a birthday party for my son today. He's turning four on Tuesday. I didn't excpect it, but the desire to have a drink hit me right at the end of the party. Then a friend from AA, who has a year of sobriety called to check on me. She had come to the party with her three year old. Turns out she always craves a drink when she's hosting a party at her house. Another sober reference, I'll have to be better prepared next time. 135 days of sobriety and I'm certainly not going to lose it at my four year olds birthday party!

5 comments:

Shadow said...

well done to you!

these 'hidden' triggers do pop up every now and again. it's good to be able to talk to others about it, YOU ARE NOT ALONE IN THIS!

Mary Christine said...

Good for you. The fellowship is for more than company and comfort. We save each other every day.

A friend of Bill W. said...

I know that feeling well, my friend. Entertaining at home I always had one (or 2) in my hand.

I have happily replaced the need to have a cold one with a HUGE tumbler full of ice water and another just as huge of iced hazelnut decaf.

I still drink double-fisted but not the same 'brew'.

You found a trigger & Your HP was right on it!

Happy Birthday to your son, the gift you give him in being sober is so amazing...the possibilities are indeed endless!!

Hugs, my friend
XOXO
Shugg

Scott M. Frey said...

lol, good for you! drunks saving other drunks is what it's all about! I'm grateful that you had someone there for you, cuz it happens from time to time and we need the fellowship to bail us out!

lushgurl said...

You sound good today Clarity, and thank God that He put someone in your path when the unexpaected happened!
You are truly a miracle, remember that when times are tough, 'cause the tough times will pass, and the love will keep on coming!