Saturday, July 14, 2007

It Works!

I gave my marital problems to my HP and AA and now I have some peace and serenity. My husband got home from his trip in the middle of the night last night. We didn't get a chance to talk until after I had returned from my Morning Meditation meeting and my BB study with my "family" this morning. I'm glad I had so much intense spiritual and AA reinforcement before I saw my husband today.

I told my husband that I am trying to keep my side of the street clean and I am trying to let go of the things I have no control over in our relationship. He asked if that meant I was not going to care about him anymore. I said that I'm not in charge of him and our marriage and I don't know if we're meant to be together or not. We've been arguing about the same things in the same ways for nine years now, I want to try it a different way now. I want to change and grow. I told him how hard it is for me to let go and just sit and to try to do the next right thing. He said that he was going to surprise me by changing and growing too!

My poor husband! He was probably waiting for all sorts of drama when he got home. And here I was all calm and collected, I've gone and changed the rules of engagement on him. He probably thinks I've been abducted by aliens. Now all we have to do is walk the talk! Simple, but NOT easy.

Thanks everyone for your help and support. XO

4 comments:

Scott M. Frey said...

hang in there! I have found that over my time sober, relationships with those closest to me have been the most difficult to work out. but, often times they can be if we're patient and we do just what you said, about keeping our side of the street clean and working on only what we have control over!

my prayers for you!

dAAve said...

step 3
step 3
step 3

Guilty Secret said...

Good luck! Thanks for sharing so openly - you are helping others.

Meg Moran said...

I love that expression "changed the rules of engagement" very cool concept...may I steal it?